Some projects I’m continually working on
- TreePlan decision tree add-in for Excel
- SensIt add-in for sensitivity analysis and tornado charts
- SimVoi add-in for Monte Carlo simulation and value of information
- Better Histogram add-in for frequency distribution and histogram
Some topics I’m currently learning about
- Number theory and applications to cryptography
- Einstein’s theories of relativity
- Quantum Mechanics
- Decision Quality
Who is Mike Middleton?
A Google web search for Mike Middleton returns 10 million results, for Michael Middleton 28 million, for Michael R Middleton 2 million, and for Michael Rory Middleton 23 million.
This web site is about which Mike Middleton?
I’m the Mike Middleton who spent childhood in Iowa, earned degrees at Iowa State and Iowa, served three years as a Navy officer during the Cold War, earned two degrees at Stanford, taught mostly in the biz school at U of San Francisco, and retired from full-time faculty in December 2008 after thirty years there. Since then I’ve been running a one-person software business designing, coding, marketing, and supporting analytic add-ins for Excel.
What does he look like?
What are the purposes of this web site?
- The first purpose is to make available some Excel-related articles and workbooks. See the Excel page.
- The second purpose is to help me keep track of many of the things I’ve been doing during the past seventy-plus years. See the Academic, Conferences, Travel, Homes, and Interests pages.
Some domain names for this web site
- mikemiddleton.com, Dedicated IP
- mike-middleton.com, Parked
- middletonmike.com, Parked
- michaelrmiddleton.com, Parked
- michael-r-middleton.com, Parked
- michaelrorymiddleton.com, Parked
- michael-rory-middleton.com, Parked