There are many people named Mike Middleton
A Google web search for Mike Middleton returns 10 million results.
I’m the Mike Middleton who spent childhood in Iowa, earned degrees at Iowa State and Iowa, served three years as a Navy officer during the Cold War, earned two degrees at Stanford, taught mostly in the biz school at U of San Francisco, wrote four editions of the book Data Analysis Using Excel, and retired from full-time faculty in 2008 after thirty years there. Since then I’ve been running a one-person software business designing, coding, marketing, and supporting analytic add-ins for Excel.
What does this Mike Middleton look like?
Some projects I’m continually working on
- TreePlan decision tree add-in for Excel
- SensIt add-in for sensitivity analysis and tornado charts
- SimVoi add-in for Monte Carlo simulation and value of information
- Better Histogram add-in for frequency distribution and histogram
Some topics I’m currently learning about
- Number theory and applications to cryptography
- Einstein’s theories of relativity
- Quantum Mechanics
- Decision Quality
What are the purposes of this web site?
- The first purpose is to make available some Excel-related articles and workbooks. See the Excel page.
- The second purpose is to help me keep track of many of the things I’ve been doing during the past seventy-plus years. See the Academic, Conferences, Travel, Homes, and Interests pages.
Some domain names for this web site
- mikemiddleton.com, Dedicated IP
- mike-middleton.com, Parked
- middletonmike.com, Parked
- michaelrmiddleton.com, Parked
- michael-r-middleton.com, Parked
- michaelrorymiddleton.com, Parked
- michael-rory-middleton.com, Parked